Support Specialist (Remote)
[Company] is a fast growing e-commerce startup hiring across all of our teams in order to get ahead of increased demands in 2020. Each team member is crucial to our success and the Customer Support team is no different. Support Specialists will quickly become product experts and use this knowledge to quickly and effectively respond to customers, while making it a habit to provide feedback internally and influence our support strategy.
Startups often have a very different working environment than their larger, more mature counterparts. Some people thrive in this atmosphere, but we understand it’s not for everyone. Ideally, you have experience working at a startup. We are also looking for someone who is empathetic, curious, organized, communicative and has a keen attention to detail. Typically folks who are resourceful and autonomous succeed in this role.
- Be active in your ongoing pursuit of product knowledge
- Respond to customers via email and live chat rotations
- Rule out user error when responding to technical issues and escalate the rest to Tier 2
- Update and maintain internal and external documentation
- Prioritize inquiries in the queue and escalations according to documented process and best practices
- Identify and analyze trends in customer feedback, sharing with your team and other stakeholders
- Aim to reduce volume of support inquiries by focusing on improvements to self-service resources
- Be familiar with and employ customer support best practices like providing workarounds, using positive framing, mirroring, etc.
- Two years working in Customer Support, preferably in e-commerce
- Experience working remotely
- Ability to operate autonomously and prioritize your work